Make A Difference Month
Make A Difference Month
Global Youth Service Day, April 15-17, 2016
National Environment Education Week, April 17-23
Earth Day, April 22
We Care Act is proud to continue our annual “A Month for Making a Difference” program from April 15th to May 20th. Starting on Global Youth Service Day, this month, we are challenging youth in the global community to make a difference and join us in helping others in need.
We Care Act has a variety of programs from disaster relief to environmental awareness. And this month, We Care Act will be hosting activities to promote the recycling and refurbishing of electronics. Our mission is to save the earth and its children by not only recycling electronics/computers that are harmful to the environment but by refurbishing them and donating them to children in need.
We are collecting new and used computers/laptops/eReaders/smartphones etc to refurbish them and send to schools/children in the US, China, Africa and Nicaragua.
We encourage others to join us on these activities and to promote awareness of service, Global Youth Service Day, and Make a Difference Month through different activities this month (and throughout your life).
If you have your own activities planned, you may register by following this link http://ysa.org/act/programs/gysd/post/
If you have not planned activities, please consider the following for inspiration:
Recycling electronics and promoting education:
1. Host or join activities to recycle electronics or educate others in recycling electronics.
2. Host or join activities to refurbish computers and donate to orphanages or others in need.
3. Host or join activities to collect and distribute books/eBooks to help others in need (children in your neighborhood, orphanage, or other places). We have collected over 400 PDF formatted English books (children’s books), and would like to distribute to more children in need, and would like to collect more as well. Anyone is welcome to host a reading or writing activities, or help collect more stories and books into our eBook library.
4. Organize activities for National Environment Education Week (April 17-23) https://www.neefusa.org/
5. Any other activities you can do to help others, or help our environment.
If you care about education, consider these service opportunities (by Youth Service America):
• National Student Leadership Week (April 17-23) - During National Student Leadership Week, schools around the country recognize and reinforce the important role of student leaders.
• Comcast Cares Day (April 30) - Comcast Cares Day is a celebration of Comcast's year-round commitment to service, and has grown to become the nation's largest single-day corporate volunteer event.
• AFS National Day of Service (April 16) - AFS volunteers, host families and students will gather forces across the country and celebrate AFS intercultural exchange through organized volunteer projects nationwide.
• Global Campaign for Education Global Action Week (April 24-30) -Global Action Week highlights activities and encourages action throughout the year to address the urgent need of universal quality education.