Students age 13½ and older may work to earn the congressional award by doing community services, personal development, and fitness (swimming will count), plus an exploration. Please see information on the website for details. http://congressionalaward.org/program/
Please see detailed instructions below:
Steps to earn congressional award:
1. At age 13 ½, register online http://congressionalaward.org/program/register-now/register-online/ (you need to follow the step and obtain information and find an adviser etc).
2. Find out information before register
3. Print and sign and send in the waiver form as instructed
4. Send in a check along with the form ($15 as of 01/2016)
5. At the date of registering, start counting the hours.
6. You will need to create an excel spread sheet to count your hours on each category.
For program requirements, please see below or visit the award website (http://congressionalaward.org/program/how-it-works/program-requirements/)
The Congressional Award Program is about challenge. The Award offers young people the opportunity to set a personal goal and achieve it. Along the way, you will learn about yourself and about qualities like responsibility, trust and the ability to plan and organize. There are six levels of Award -- Bronze, Silver, and Gold Certificates and Bronze, Silver, and Gold Medals. Each level is cumulative -- this means time spent on one award is carried with you to the next level. The minimum age to register is 13 1/2 and you must accomplish your goals by your 24th birthday. Start today!